Our CSR approach
In 2019, we launched “DELSEY PLANET”, our program to promote responsible and environmentally friendly mobility. Whether it's production, reducing our waste or optimizing transportation, our approach is global. We work with recycled materials whenever possible and our design teams are mobilized to reduce the use of plastic while maintaining the quality and ingenuity of DELSEY PARIS products.
In 2022, 60% of our soft products and linings are made from recycled materials and we plan to use 100% recycled materials by 2028.
How to reduce our ecological impact?
Let’s talk eco-designed products
To meet the challenges of sustainable development and to design more responsible products, we have implemented a CSR policy.
The reflection on our environmental impact begins with the design of our products.
We use sustainable and resistant materials to assure quality and eco-design to be repairable to further extend life cycle.
● All components are screwed and can be replaced: wheels, handles, trolley...
● Our products benefit from a worldwide warranty of 2, 3, 5 or 10 years depending on the model.
● Our international after-sales service repairs products wherever they are purchased and offers many spare parts. We use recycled materials whenever we can.
● 100% of our new soft products, and all our linings are made from recycled plastic bottles.
● We use other recyclable materials such as polypropylene, a material that is infinitely recyclable.
● We are working on lightening our products: in 5 years we have reduced the use of plastic in our rigid cases by 50%, notably by developing a new injection technology
How to optimize our global production?
Let’s talk responsible production
During transport, we try to reduce our impact on the environment as much as possible. We only use the sea routes and optimize the storage of our products to limit the number of containers used: a small suitcase travels in a medium suitcase, which itself travels in a large suitcase.